Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Iron Virgin - "1974 Scottish Glam Rock" (Rave Up, 2007)

Hi there! You know, this must be the second most ridiculous name ever after this of (come on, it doesn't need Stephen King's imagination...) Iron Maiden, haha! I mean, Iron Virgin?! What in the hell you have thinking of guys? There was no chance make it big or to be hanged on a teen gal's room wall, right? But this by itself make them quite punk even if they weren't... or maybe were they?
These Scottish glamsters probably never make it further than those three singles in here (but don't bet on my side also...), which gathered by the good folks at Rave-Up some years ago and it's already a sold out. I first heard them on the Nuggets like for glam rock "Velvet Tinmine" compilation and they blew me! I mean OK, it's obvious now where Kim Fowley and the Runaways stole their "California Paradise" from, "Rebel Rules"! Note to note! As Decca used to do then, ignored band's material and force them to cover toons by others. "Jet" by Macca and the Wings (yaaack....), "Teenage Love Affair" by Rick Derringer (I always liked him, go on - shoot me!) and "Shake That Fat" by Jo Jo Gunne, all in BETTER versions than the originals in my humble opinion, fully glittered and thumped. I wish Rave Up people have use back sleeve's American football Virgins image (check some mo' in the way cool Crazee Kids Sound blog) than this of the original single for the front, but there's always I guess a second chance to reissue the reissue in a better package and with better sound... The legend says that for all these, we must thank Thin Lizzy's producer Nick Tauber who discovered our beloved sleazees but whom must we blame for the total reject it's the one million dollars question. I mean OK, were no Hector or Silverhead but they completely deserved better fortune. If "Rebel Rules" had Sweet's brand on, I'm sure would have sold millions! Anyway, this is it, grab it and crank it. One more thing, if any Giuda member ever crash this page, please do me a favor and cover your hooligan way this glam junk raver, you owe it to yourselves. Rebel Rules Again!
Later!

10 comments:

  1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ixt3nm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't find this anywhere...a re-up would be much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. this is a great one thanks . any chance you might have the plod neo city lp on rave up curious about that one. thanks again keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi psycho... I don't have the record, sorry. Something says me though that I might have it from an old download. I must check, I'll come back to this later.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. WOW!! and 'hoots mon!'
    Thanks, and rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Plod record is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I think this record is amazing, but unfortunately the link is dead.

    Can you please repost it or send me e-mail at metallsta@yahoo.gr?

    Thank you very much
    Efstathiou Stathis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Months after the band left Decca, it was reported in one of the music papers that the label intended getting Phil Wainman (Sweet's producer) to work with them. PR obviously were working in a parallel universe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just heard the Runaways' "California Paradise". Couldn't believe how much they ripped off Rebels Rule. Glad someone else noticed that

    ReplyDelete